This event is an art exhibit featuring Philadelphia award-winning artist Teresa McWilliams Farina.
A variety of framed original paintings will be exhibited from representational to abstract subjects in sizes ranging from small (5x 7") to large (24 x 36").
The artist's style is impressionistic. There are paintings on canvas (and copper) in textured oils, pastels on textured surfaces, vibrant watercolors and experimental pieces in mixed media.
- floral paintings of bearded iris, tulips, hydrangea, lilies, geraniums, sunflowers, poppies, dahlias, Bird of Paradise and a variety of Hawaiian flowers
- nude and clothed figures
- animals: dogs, various birds, bears and loons
- rural and city landscapes of trees painted in fall, winter, spring and summer
- waterscapes: oceans, sail boat themes, rivers, creeks and ponds in fall, winter, spring and summer
- Still life subjects: fruits, breakfast themes, kitchen, vegetables and ornamental objects
* Landscape subjects feature the New England area and are painted en plein air.
Offered at reasonable prices:
- matted and framed prints on watercolor paper
- giclees on canvas
- original prints on large and small notecards with matching envelopes
- pre-orders for 2017 calendars
Bio and Artist's Statement:
Born in Flint, Michigan; Current Residence in Royersford, PA
My journey in paint ..... is my journey through life.
I paint from my heart and have had a long love affair with color. I was “hooked” from the time I was 3 years old - painting with red nail polish on walls and my mother’s cotton bedspread.
I moved to New England from Michigan after graduating from college in science, business management and fine arts. My husband and I have lived in the Philadelphia area for approximately 10 years.
I have studied with a number of well-recognized instructors and artists in Michigan and the New England area.
I belong to several local art leagues; participated in solo and juried group shows and received numerous awards for paintings in Michigan, Upstate New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania (including The Philadelphia Sketch Club).